Friday, September 13, 2013

I Am Lifted

O Fear, where did you go?
You were swallowed up by Faith.
I feel your presence waning,
The support of your feathers disappearing
The first moments without -
I'm gasping for breath.
This weight I've worn for as
Long as I've known time
Has released abruptly,
Catapulting my lightened body into the atmosphere -
I'm floating.
And I don't know how to float.
I don't know what to do with my limbs,
Nor handle myself with grace.
This unfamiliar motion brings an initial panic.

O Fear, where are you?
How I long for you to bring me down.
To settle me to safety.
To a place where I don't move,
Nor have a care in the world,
But merely tremble in complacency,
Paired with a constant aching in my head from
The strain of doubt, men-pleasing and inadequacy.

O Fear, Where are you?
You are to me a comfort -
A place of reliable security...

You're a commodity, a wonder,
An enigma that excels in deceit.
Your awarded best disguise -
An inviting dove at first sight,
But you move in like a famished vulture.
You are cunningly clever with
All your gripping trickery.
Your comfort is no comfort at all.
It is a means of loneliness,
Relentless darkness.
I stand immobile in my pool of tears and
You mock me.
You betray the very fabric of my being -
With every ounce of trust I put in you,
You give back a pound of hate,
All with words of kindness spoken
As you pile on the immeasurable weight.
You have made me the champion of nightmares,
The prevailing warrior of worry.
All that seemed lovely is not crowned with disgust.

O Fear, Where did you go?
You were swallowed up by Faith.
And as I'm floating above all the earth,
Viewing the remians below with the most suffecient clarity,
I can see the mess you have made -
And I've been lifted.
I'll leave you to rot in your own filth.
I can breathe.
Your twisted charm is not longer magical.
Good riddance, Fear, farewell.
Your weight has no pull,
For it cannot reach as high as I.
Where Light and Love supply all the true means of comfort.
Where I'm no longer hindered by false accusations,
But I'm carried by Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment