Friday, September 13, 2013

God in His Kindness

Written on 8/22/13 -

If there is one thing I know and have experienced through this season, it is the kindness and mercy of God.  His powerful grace and His unrelenting, proactive love for me.

I think that I will look back on this time and be overwhelmed at just how much God protected, loved and cared for me.  I am only seeing a little bit of the effects, but I wonder if later, as things come to pass or come to completion (things He's teaching me, implementing or striping away) I will see much, much more.  I hope my eyes are open and seeing.  In this season my eyes have been opened to things that I was blinded to for a long time.  And its kind of shaken me up a bit.  Makes me wonder what else I am blind to, in the spirit.  It is a comfort to know that He did indeed open my eyes to see, and I have to trust that it was for a reason.  Maybe to bring me here, maybe for protection... maybe just to learn again, in a different way, how much I still need Him.  How much I don't know.  That I am still prone to these things and to justifying things.

I've been contemplating on my justification and I think that I do this a lot more than I'd like to admit.  I justify a lot of things... usually based on feeling.  If I don't "feel" the conviction, I don't consider it justification or compromise.  But that is the time when all the more I need to remain faithful with pursuing holiness based off of the way Jesus is moving in my life and His truth.  Whether or not I "feel" bad about it or whatever, when I know what I'm doing is unholy yet still do it, it is sin.  So I should be firm in faith even when it contradicts what I feel in the moment.  Its about a resolution.  A way of living in any regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment