Friday, September 13, 2013

All of me

(Originally written sometime in July)

My soul pours forth songs in the night;
I awake and the melody remains.
The part of faith that requires faith
Is being steadfast and sure
Even when nothing seen seems sure.
When your feelings tell you that you should give up.
When nothing resembles the movement towards completion.

My heart is drawn out.
The culmination of desire and patience
Pushes me to my limits.
It is a combination that I'm not too familiar with.
The calm, yet longing...
How do you reconcile these two?
How long will I have to wait?

I tell you the array of emotions
That have been provoked and experienced
Have been to me like a whirlwind.
From the greatest joy to seemingly unbearable turmoil.
Yet my heart still praises.
And I do not despair.
He continues to lead me and show faithfulness in
The most trying and unforeseen moments.
He keeps surprising me and
Lifting me up.

Its pain to die.
To lay down your life.
But with it comes great reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment