Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On my heart today -


O!  I just want to do what's pleasing to the Lord.  I want to love Him with my whole heart.  I want to trust Him with my entire life... not clinging to anything... counting it all as loss for the sake of knowing Him...

The beauty of His life and Spirit..
The power of His name...
His Spirit living in me...

This is what life is about.  His  glory, His love, His light, His delight.  He is for me not against me and does everything for my good because HE is a GOOD FATHER.  I want to yield myself to Him in all aspects of life.  To love His people... to show mercy to those who are hopeless and have never known mercy.  To bring His truth and light to those around me.

I don't want to follow my own agenda... but let Him move me the way He desires, for Him to be in control of my heart.  To be of sound mind.  To be free of fear.

I've been feeling/experiencing Him moving my heart and giving me peace and I can sense that He is starting to do a new work in me... but I have also been experiencing the part of me that is not yielding completely to it or maybe just not sure how to handle it...  But I need to relax, let his currents lead me wherever.  Ultimately, that is where I want to be, that is where I want to end up - right where He wants me.  I think I'm just not sure where I'm going or how I need to react.  I need to just trust Him in this process and journey.  He will take care of me.  I don't have to fully understand what is going on in order for Him to manifest Himself in me and for Him to do His work.

I have realized in the past couple of days that I have been letting myself go in many areas.  I have gotten lost in excitement over a bunch of things that have occurred and have been brought into my life the past few months, and with that excitement came neglect of responsibility and just doing things without thinking about them.  Not being concerned with pleasing the Lord in all things, but just doing whatever I wanted to do or joining in with others even if it went against conviction and standards I have for my life.  This was an extreme wake-up call for me.  And I feel like I have just snapped out of it and now its to to redeem these things and walk according to love and truth and holiness.  Being loyal to Jesus first and foremost.

I am looking forward to what's ahead.  Even though I don't understand everything the Lord is doing currently, I know there will come a time when it will all come to completion and I will look back and see the glory of His work.  And I pray that it will be all for His glory.  And that I will not solely rely on feeling or emotion, but I trust in Him at all times.

I pray for your wisdom, Jesus.  That your truth would be fresh on my lips and on my heart each day.  His wisdom is supreme.  His wisdom is above all.  His counsel is pure.  He gives without measure - His wisdom and grace.  Mmmm... He is so delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment